Malam Muhammad Bashir, Director of the FCT Muslim Pilgrims’ Welfare Board, said on Wednesday that the board had concluded arrangements to host intending pilgrims from Abuja zone at the Permanent Hajj Camp.
Bashir gave the assurance in Abuja at a meeting with stakeholders and officials of National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) as well as Nasarawa, Kogi and Benue states.
According to him, the board had already mapped out strategies to ensure the security of all intending pilgrims at the permanent hajj camp during their camping exercise.
He said the board would take the welfare of the intending pilgrims with paramount importance and ensure that the camp maintains good hygiene by keeping the premises clean at all times.
Bashir assured pilgrims of the commitment of the FCT Administration to provide necessary support for the operation and warned that only intending pilgrims with valid Identification Card would have access to the camp.
He, however, warned that visitors who have no business with the camp should stay away from it to ensure hitch free camping, while also calling for the cooperation of all stakeholders.
Bashir reaffirmed the readiness of the FCTA to improve from its 2017 experience to record better successes in 2018 hajj operation.
He disclosed that no fewer than 1,500 intending pilgrims from the FCT are expected to perform the hajj through the board this year.
The meeting was attended by officials from Nasarawa, Kogi, Benue and FCT as well as National Hajj Commission of Nigeria and other stakeholders.
The stakeholders expressed their readiness for the commencement of transportation of intending pilgrims from the zone to Saudi Arabia.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria had fixed July 21, 2018 for the inaugural flight with pilgrims from Kogi State.
Those from Nasarawa, Kogi and Benue States are expected to be camped at the FCT permanent hajj transit camp from Friday, July 20, 2018.