The Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria (MSSN) has elected Taofiq Yeqin as its new president. Dr Yeqīn would be succeeding Mr Muhammad Jameel Muhammad as the head of the MSSN National Executive Council (NEC).
He emerged elected following the conference of the organisation held between Friday, 20th and Saturday, 21st April, 2018 at the MSSN Permanent Site on Ibadan-Lagos Express Way, Oyo State.
Yeqin has Bello Muhammad as the Vice President (International), Mr Ishaq Muhammad Ishiyaku as the National Vice President (A-Zone), Mr Mustopha Tajudīn as the MSSN National Secretary General, Mr Nuradeen Ilyas as the National Assistant Secretary General (Scholarship) and Mr Yusuf Dhikrullah as the Assistant General Secretary (Administration).
Also, the new National Public Relations Officer of the MSSN is Mr Oladejo Abdulazīz, and he would be assisted by Mr Muhammad Ciroma.
Mr Gambo Garba Muhammad doubles as the National IVC Organiser and the Islamic Affairs Officer of the A-Zone. The National Assets Maintenance Officer is Mr Matanmi Nurudin.
Also at the national hierarchy, Mr Muhammad Jameel Muhammad and Mr Auwal Yunus are the ex-officio.
MSSN Zonal Executive Council Members
Each of the MSSN Zonal Executive Council were also listed in the Shuraa reports.
For the A-Zone, Ishaq Muhammad Ishiyaku would be the Zonal Chairman. He has Mr Auwal Yunus as the Secretary.
The rest of the MSSN A-Zone executive members are listed below:
- Mr Muhammad Isa – Zonal Financial Secretary
- Mr Yahya Dantala Muhammad – Zonal LTC Coordinator
- Rabiu Barau Bal – Zonal HICOMS Coordinator
- Haruna Muhammad Almajir – Zonal PIP Coordinator
- Muhammad Kabir Muhammad – Zonal QEC Coordinator
- Rabi Lawal Rumah – Zonal Amirah
- Mardiyyah Imam Qasim – Zonal Sister’s Secretary
- Asmau Abubakar – Zonal Hijab Coordinator
At the B-Zone level, the new Amir is Barrister Qasim Odedeji, and the IVC Organiser is Mr Kolawole Abdulhakīm.
Other members of the B-Zone executive are listed below.
1. Ex Officio 1 – Alhaji Mushafau Alaran
2. Ex Officio 2 – Dr Wasiu Akimbode
3. Amirah – Qudrah Anola
4. Auditor – Oladele Abdul Gani
5. AMO – Qasim Akindele
6. AMO 2 – Misbahudiin Jimoh
7. Financial Secretary – Ishaq Abdul Aziz
8. Assistant Financial Secretary – Nurudin Ayoola
9. Zonal Secretary – Abduljail Abdurazaq
10. Zonal Assistant General Secretary – Akasoro Qasim
11. PRO 1 – Bashir Momoh
12. PRO 2 – Yusuf Awwal
13. Business Chairman – Abdulhamid Giwa
14. Naibatul Amirah – Adekola Maryam