UPDATE ON HIJAB FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OGUN STATE
1) You will recall that at a meeting between Ogun State Government and MSSN held on 18/10/2017, Ogun State Government approved the use of white hijab for willing Muslim students in Ogun secondary schools.
2) This was achieved after months of discussion between Ogun State MSSN and representatives of Ogun State Government.
3) After the approval, while few schools complied, most school principals resisted.
4) They demanded for written circular from the state government. And efforts to get the said circular from government proved abortive.
5) MSSN Ogun State recognises the importance of consultation and active participation of relevant stakeholders. Especially, the league of Imam and Alfas in Ogun State.
6) It is noteworthy, that our fathers especially, Chief Imam of Egba, Remo, Ijebu and Yewaland are resolute in pursuing the hijab issue to a logical conclusion.
7) As a result, a meeting of all imams in Ogun State was called on Thursday 14th December, 2017. The meeting presided over by Chief Imam of Ijebuland was attended by all Chief Imam, including Imam of Egba, Remo and Yewaland and MSSN leadership in Ogun State to review issues bothering on hijab in the state.
8) The meeting agreed to meet with the state government the following week to demand for respect of agreement reached between MSSN and Ogun State Government.
9) MSSN Ogun State is confident that, with Allah, victory is certain.
10) MSSN appreciates cooperation of Muslim leaders in the state and will continue to coordinate fight for rights of Muslim students in the state and beyond.
11) Wa mo nasru ila min indi Llahi. And victory is only from Allah. Q8:10